The College Bursary is responsible for operating and maintaining the accounting system as is required by the National Commission for Colleges of Education.
The Function of the Bursary includes the followings:
- Implementation of the Accounting System operated by all the Federal College of Education in the federation.
- Budgets preparation/Control
- Provide detail financial information service to various level of management on various activities of the College.
- Liase with other bodies on financial matter eg NCCE, ETF, ITF, Fed. Scholarship.
- Expenditure Control: This includes controlling Personnel Expenditure, Overhead expenditure and Capital expenditure.
- Generation of Revenue: Generation and collection of all revenue due to the college either locally or subventions/Grants from government and other bodies.
- Preparation of financial and Management information reports
- Inventory control.
Goals and Objectives
- Provision of secured monies and security documents
- Provision of adequate office facilities, equipment and other convenience-working atmosphere.
- Provision of storage facilities for past records and used receipts.
- Facilitation of accurate, timely, reliable and up to date processing of information.
- Sharing of information among the units, other colleges and NCCE
- To Update staff Knowledge on current financial matters.
- Improvement of standard of staff.
- Enhancing productivity through adequate staffing.
- Motivation of staff to encourage higher output.
- Proper handling of financial resources, avoidance of insubordination and bad attitude to work.
- Enhancing of Financial Management research
Units in the Department and there General Responsibilities
Office of the Bursar:
To maintain the effective operation of the Bursary Department within the College, and to Liaise with other departmental heads and the Provost in the general management of the college.
To maintain the College books of accounts, and keep accurate record of all transactions. To produce Year end financial statements and monthly management accounts according to establish time-table.
Checking, handling, storage and issuing of stocks received, and ensure the security of stocks in the store.
To ensure all Revenue due to the College are collected and maintain accurate records of receipts and students finances
Cash and Expenditure Unit
To maintain accurate records of all payments for all the College accounts and to prepare Monthly Bank Reconciliation statement for all the College Bank accounts
To maintain accurate records of employee’s salaries, allowances, deductions, and taxation liability and to prepare monthly payrolls and analysis:
Staff Loan and Advance Unit
To maintain adequate and accurate record of staff loan and advances, and to ensure timely retirement of all advances.
Fixed Asset Register Unit
To keep a detailed record of all fixed assets acquired in the fixed assets register and to compute depreciation and cumulative depreciation for each fixed asset.
Pension Accounting Unit
To maintain accurate records of employee’s pension deductions, and prepare Monthly and Quarterly report to be submitted to PENCOM.
Activities in the department include Student Registration of Pre NCE, NCE and Degree Programmes.
SCHEDULE OF FEES FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND NCE PROGRAMME
|FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), GOMBE|
|SCHEDULE OF FEES OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS|
|EFFECTIVE FROM 2012/2013 SESSION|
|S/N||DESCRIPTION||CODE||100 Level||200 Level (New)||200 Level (Returning)||300 Level||400L (ATBU)||400L (MAID)||500L
|6||I D Cards||8312||500.00||500.00||–||–||–||–||–|
FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), GOMBE
|SCHEDULE OF FEES OF NCE STUDENTS|
|EFFECTIVE FROM 2012/2013 SESSION|
|S/NO||DESCRIPTION||CODE||PRE-NCE||NCE I||NCE II||NCE III|
|6||I D Cards||8312||500.00||500.00||–||–|